Monday 5 September 2016

Jamie Thraves Interview Questions


1. What influenced you to choose the Music Industry?
Ever since the early days of school, I was inspired through the subject of Art. As the gratitude that came with each persons creation, amazed me, Therefore I carried this subject with me, up until University. From University open days, I was encourage to have an attempt into film making considering my Creative Arts background and as it stood i was actually quite good at it. Therefore ever since taking my life in the route of the film/music industry.

2.  What was your Biggest Breakthrough in your Career?

It was in fact from Radiohead's music video "Just". To this day, I'm still be asking about the ending of the music video and it still remains a hidden secret.

3. How do you Develop the Narrative of your Music Video's?

Personally, I prefer to put interest from my own life, passionate themes and all things that have the potential to create emotions inside of me.

4. Do you conduct the Editing of the Video/Film as well as Producing it?

Early on in my career i did, indeed, dabble into editing the majority of my video's however it wasn't the same as it is now. Considering now you have software's such as Premiere Pro, before all this when i did editing it had to be done manually.

5. Do you Prefer to Produce Music Video's or Films?

Personally i prefer to create films due to the idea of satisfying an audience for a longer period of time.   Although making music video's is still of interest to me, if i can create a narrative then i'll happily produce either.

6. What Artist's would you like to Work with in the Future?

I hope to be able to work with U2, Beck and i would of defiantly liked to work with 
Price.

7. What Genre of Music did you find the Easiest and the Hardest to make as a Music Video?

Its mainly down to personal preference. However from my point of view its down to whether you like the genre or not, its more down to the fact if you have a connection with the song. If i don't have a connection with the song I'm working on, then i feel the song won't be as successful therefore i probably will not take the job.

8. What is your Favourite Music Video you have Produced? 

Coldplay - The Scientist. Simply because it was an idea that hadn't been produced before but also because it was widely liked by the audience and because of its MTV award winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment